Do you have pain that doesn’t go away? Are you wondering how can physiotherapy adelaide help you? Does it work successfully? Physiotherapy is a science-based method to treat your body. A physiotherapist will use their knowledge of the human body and skills to help improve stiffness and pain of muscles and joints in your body.
There are many questions people ask about Adelaide physio. In this post, we have answered a few of the frequently asked questions.
Can I bring a friend or loved ones?
Of course, you are most welcome to bring anyone with you. they can even sit with you during your treatment or they can stay outside.
What things should I bring to my first appointment?
When you are coming in for your initial appointment, you must have the following things with you:
- If you have a consultant or General Physician (GP), bring their referral letter.
- You must have an extra pair of shorts and a vest-type top. If you don’t have any of these, don’t worry, we keep spare with us.
- If we have to claim the fees directly from the insurer, you must bring details about your insurance and claim number. It is crucial that you should inform them about our claim.
- You must also bring any scans or X-rays related to your injury.
What should I expect at physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy is a unique experience for everyone. This is because treatment or session is different for every patient as it is particularly catered for your needs. To have a general idea, here is what you can expect for a session:
- The physiotherapist will ask about your medical history, will assess, and diagnose your condition.
- After that, they will create a treatment plan for you and set goals for you.
- If there is any need for assistive devices, the physiotherapist will prescribe it. they will even prescribe the course of exercise for you.
Do you need any doctor’s referral?
It will be better to have a referral letter, but it is not necessary. You can have access to physiotherapy without any referral from a doctor.
When should I get physiotherapy?
Generally, it is advised to start physiotherapy as soon as possible. In severe cases, it is compulsory to start quickly, so the therapist can improve your pain right away. If you are not sure, feel free to call us. We always ready to help you and guide you properly.
How long will the session last?
Well, the duration varies from patient to patient and condition to condition. Usually, the session will last for at least 30 minutes.
Will my private medical insurance cover the fees?
We are recognized by all the leading insurance companies. You must check your policy with the insurance before starting the treatment.
How many treatments will I need? When you visit the physiotherapist for the first time, the therapist will assess your condition and recommend the appointments you might need. There can be an increase or decrease in the number of appointments during the course. This is because the therapist will assess your progress on every visit.